Last Updated: Tuesday, 22-Jan-2013 08:27:03 PST
Notice: This is a U.S. Government Web Site
1. This website is provided as a public service by the Naval Research Laboratory.
2. Information presented on this website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. For site management, access information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with [National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines].
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the NRL Monterey Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
Example: Information collected from www.nrlmry.navy.mil for Statistical purposes
123.123.123.com - - [26/Jul/2004:01:30:55 -0700] "GET http://2184.108.40.2063:9021/tc_pages/tc_home.html HTTP/1.1" 200 37635
123.123.123.com -- this is the host name (or IP address) associated with the requestor (you as the visitor). In this case, ( com) the requestor is coming from a commercial address. Depending on the requesters method of network connection, the host name (or IP address) may or may not identify a specific computer. Connections via many Internet Service Providers assign different IP addresses for each session; s the host name identifies only the ISP. The host name (or IP address) will identify a specific computer it that computer has a fixed IP address.
[26/Jul/2004:01:30:55 -0700] -- this is the date and time of the request.
"GET http://2220.127.116.113:9021/tc_pages/tc_home.html HTTP/1.1" -- this is the location of the requested file on this website.
200 -- this is the status code 200 is OK the request was filled.
37635 -- the size of the requested file in bytes Request for other types of documents use similar information. No other user-identifying information is collected.